Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Looking To The East

My blog marathon is almost over. I've been writing for a while and I hope you enjoy the posts. It will make more sense if you start with Great People and Great Parks (Part 1) and read up. I thought about writing less, and posting fewer photos, but I decided against it. I dove deep, and stretched out, and in doing so I remembered a quote that my friend Graham told me: Everything in moderation including moderation.

Tomorrow, on the 4th Day of July, Janice and I will leave Dillon and ride south. When we get to Pueblo, Colorado we will ride east, and that will be our general direction for the rest of the tour. Pueblo will be the halfway point of the tour--from there we will have a little over 2,000 miles to go. In Pueblo we will send home the western tree books and any warm clothes that we are still carrying. We will leave The West and into The East.

A special thank you to Deb and John who have fed, sheltered, and driven us around for the last four days. We have enjoyed the resting, and the movies, and the meals, and, most importantly, the good company.

4 comments:

Jackalope said...

wish i was out there with you guys...really.

Unknown said...

Good to hear from you! Happy 4th of July. Can hardly believe your trip is almost halfway complete, sorry I missed your call tonight. Love, MOM

chris said...

“The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began. "

J.R.R. Tolkien

PK said...

Jeff -- Hey, it's Paul from Cape St. Claire. Saw your Mom and marley at the dog park and she told me abut your adventure. I'm tired thinking about it! Keep an eye open for Nakota horses. Have you seen Jewel and Freedom the steer riding across the West? Ask me...

Let me know if you need contacts in Tenn, NC, SC, Ga along your route home. Let's have a beer at O'Laughlins when you get back!

PK