Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Introducing The 2007 American Bicycle Tour and Megatransect

Where are my manners? I can't believe it's taken me this long to introduce our adventure to you. Every bike tour needs a name, and so for this tour I came up with: the 2007 American Bicycle Tour and Megatransect. As we ride across the US we will also be doing a large scale tree study, which is where the megatransect part of the name comes from. Every 100 miles or so, Janice and I stop and sample trees. We lay out six 10 meter by 10 meter modules and sample the trees contained inside those modules. More details about the megatransect to follow.

2 comments:

ledemure said...

It was great to meet you yesterday. Like many other people that read about your travels, I am inspired. I can't say I'll be doing much about it at this point except cheering you on from afar. Let me know where I can send the care package. I know I'd love to have a surprise waiting for me in Idaho somewhere.
Thanks so much for passing along the blog link. I didn't realize that you were doing a tree survey, this is just fabulous.
Otter, Jinx and Lisa wishing you happy tails (ur, to some that would be trails, but considering you are riding, I'd say it is fitting).
Cheers.

4dogs said...

Hey J Mentzers! Hopefully, we will get the award for the most unexpected posting. We are Kathie and Mike Smith from Scaggsville (Laurel) MD and worked with your Dad for years. You guys probably remember us best for the brief period we hosted the gang for a few weeks in transition some years back! Your dad let us know about your trip and maybe with your new friend pushing from the Left Coast and us Pulling from back here, we can save you a few spins of the wheel. Best of luck and we'll be tracking you!!!! STAY SAFE