Tuesday, June 18, 2013

View From Day 25

This year I got the pig gig. I'm talking about the 2013 Pig Party. My friends have this great party every year. It's in June. Anyway, Day 25 was a few days before the gig. Day 25 was when I did some practicing for the gig. Below you'll see a photo from this practice session. I'm in my writing room, playing my electric guitar. The way I practiced was I had a little concert in my room. I played a set (about an hour long, mostly folk songs and guitar music), and I recorded the set with my little audio recorder. Recording something makes it real. It makes it feel more like you're on stage. Someone's listening--the recorder is listening--it adds a little pressure which helps simulate the live concert experience. I remember this day, Day 25. The practice gig was a lot of fun. I played my practice gig first, then I did my editing. I guess I took this photo right after the practice gig. This was a fun day.



No comments: