Monday, August 31, 2009

Photos And Thanks

This is a photo of me, Kyle, Brian, and Chris outside Brian's home in Panguitch, Utah. Panguitch is where I left Chris and Kyle. Brian hosted us for the night. It was a great end-of-the-tour moment for me. In the morning, Brian gave me a travel guitar and we all said our goodbyes. Thanks again Brain! I've been enjoying my new fiddle!



After leaving Chris and Kyle, Debbie and I drove back to Denver and then spent a few days backpacking on the Colorado Trail (CT). It was Me, Debbie, Stacey, and Stacey's dog Koa. It was my first time on the trail. They had already thru-hiked the whole trail.




After we got off the CT, Debbie and I took our sore legs on over to Morrison, Colorado for a show at Red Rocks. It was Xavier Rudd and Yonder Mountain String Band, sending joyful sounds off the rocks and into the minds of nine thousand happy people. YMSB gave everyone a copy of their new album which wasn't even released yet. The album is called: The Show, and it immediately went into rotation on my summer's soundtrack.







The night of the Red Rocks show was the beginning of a wonderful weekend staying with my friends Heather and Ilyse. This is me, Heather, Ilyse, and Heather's dog Max. You can also see my new guitar there.



With the help of Ilyse, I made the commute over to my friend Mary's home, where I stayed for three more days. This is Mary and me. Click on the photo for a closer look. That's not a stripe on my shirt, but rather an interesting coincidence of time and space.
I had a great time staying with Mary and her three roomates. We had fun, ate good food, got to visit Ivan's family's ranch, and even happened to find a sweet jazz club: El Chapultepec. Below is a photo of Debbie in "the Pec."
After we left the Pec, we began our pizza mission. My pizza cravings had been building for weeks, and I was started to loose control. A pizza dought can be a painful thing. The first place was closed. Then we saw the following words flashing on a sign.

But that place was closed too. But Maps By Mary took us to an all-night pizza joint where the beer was cheap and the pizza was made divine by garlic goodness. I ate two pieces and then proclaimed, "I'm ready for another 3,000 miles."

Thanks to Chris, Kyle, Brian, Debbie, Stacey, Heather, Ilyse, Ivan, and Mary! It was awesome to spend time with ya'll!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.