Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Letter From Home

Dear Readers,

Greetings from Maryland!

Ah yes, there's no place like home. I've been home for about one week. It feels good. Sharing dinners with my mom. Seeing friends. Typing on my old laptop. Playing my guitars. I've actually been practicing quite a bit because I have a gig this Thursday and I want to sound good. I'll be playing music at the wedding ceremony of my friends Matt and Sharon.

Being home also means that I'm surrounded by all my stuff. My brother Chris said it best when he recently told me, "Jeff, your room is like New York City! There's nowhere to go but up." And he's right. I have a lot of stuff in my room. And right now, I feel like I'm a couple light years away from the cleaning and organizing that should be done. I just keep putting it off. I'd rather write, or email, or call friends, or help out here at home. I'm allowing myself this procrastination because I know I'm heading out again next week. The room can wait.

Yes, I'll be leaving in six days to head west again. My friend Debbie and I will be driving to Colorado. We'll be taking Debbie's Honda. This trip just kind of came out of nowhere, but I knew I had to go for it. If things work out, I'm going to be able to do some touring with Chris and Kyle, who are now smack dab in the middle of the Colorado part of their cross-country adventure. Click here to be transported to Chris's blog.

In other blog news, Jake Belvin is now in Europe with his friend Caitlin. They have a blog titled "Tourists & Gypsies," which can be seen here. It looks like they've been working hard, having fun, and documenting the heck out of their adventure.

As for my blog, I've finished getting all caught up. Below are a bunch of new posts that cover the last leg of the bike tour, my cross-country Greyhound ride, Adam and Brianne's wedding, and a few other topics as well. There's a lot of new stuff, so dive in, or just take a quick look, or even squirrel them away for later.

Thanks for reading, and safe travels to all.

Fondly,
Jeff

No comments: