Friday, July 31, 2009

Yosemite Photographs

Time has passed since the last post. I'm back in Maryland now, but Yosemite Valley is still on my mind. The Valley is hard to forget. It's one of my all time favorite places, and over the years I've invested a good about of time there.

I'm glad Jake and I made the pilgrimage to Yosemite this summer. That's really what it felt like. We traveled from Jake's home in Longmont, CO to Yosemite Valley. It was a necessary journey. And I'm grateful that our friends met us there. We had a great time hiking, climbing, camping, swimming, and enjoying the long days of summer.

Yosemite holds a very special and unique place in my life. I first saw the Valley in the year 2000, on my first bike tour. I fell in love and I knew I'd be back. I came back in 2003, 2006, 2008, and 2009. It's just one of those places. For those of you that have been there, you know what I'm talking about.

Below are 33 photos from my most recent trip to Yosemite. I took a lot of photos this summer, but that's normal for me. I honor and enjoy the world around me through writing, photography, and observation. It took a while, but I went through my newest batch of Yosemite photos and picked out some of the ones I liked the best. As always, I can't wait to go back!

































No comments: