Monday, August 6, 2007

Sebree, Kentucky

I few days back I took a rest day in Sebree, Kentucky. For two nights and one day I stayed at the First Baptist Church. There I experienced the hospitality of Pastor Bob and his wife Violet. A westbound cyclist named Stephanie also took a rest day in Sebree. Stephanie and I swapped stories from the road while we rested. There was juggling and homemade banana ice cream. I wrote in my journal and made a few phone calls. And I spent several hours on Violet and Bob's computer.

On my second night in Sebree another cyclist named Steven showed up. Steven arrived right as Violet, Stephanie, and I were working on dinner. Violet kindly instructed me to show Steven where he would be staying. So I took Steven around to the back of the church and showed him the spacious youth room, which is where the cyclists stay. I then walked back up to Bob and Violet's home--which is right next to the church--so I could continue helping Stephanie make another batch of banana ice cream.

It was another fine dinner. And in the morning we all packed up and headed our own separate directions. Thanks again Bob and Violet, your hospitality was incredible!

1 comment:

BigDaddyJeff56 said...

Hi! I'm Jeff, my wife Rebecca, is a member of that church! I just put together a website for that church.
http://firstbaptistchurchsebree.com
We have a gallery in it that we hope to include the cyclists in the future! Hope to see you again!