Monday, February 1, 2010

The Road Calls Once Again

You never know when a mission will come to you. You might be talking with your friend in Alaska one day, and then, just a few hours later, buying a one-way ticket to San Francisco.

That's what I did. And this morning, in a few hours, at 5:45 am, my mission will commence. I'll be on a plane bound for San Fran. Ah, yes . . . good old San Fran. It's a special city with a special place in my heart. I'm looking forward to flying out, enjoying some good San Fran time with friends, and then beginning another mission: a cross-country drive from San Fran to Maryland with my friend Chris who has been living and working in Alaska for the past three months.

For those of you that check this blog, I must say two things. First, thank you for reading. And second, I'm sorry for getting behind. I've been working hard, but not on the blog. But the posts are coming. Well, they will be coming after I get back from San Fran in mid February. I have many half-written posts piling up, and my excuse is a slow Internet connection (which makes it hard and slow to post), but that's just an excuse, and excuses really aren't worth much, even to the highest bidder. So while I'm on the road, I'll keep my notebook and my camera handy. And when I get home, I'll be sure to work hard on some much needed blog work.

Also a Big Thank You to my Friends and Family for their love and support on my birthday and always. And thanks to Mom, Dad, Grandma and Pap, Janice and Chad, Chris, Matt, Jake, Phil and Whitney, Heather, Ilyse, Mary, and Debbie for the calls.

Safe Travels,
Jeff

No comments: