Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day 5 Update

Greetings from sunny Wyoming!

Jake and I have been on the road for five days now. Our summer bike tour is progressing well. Lots of smiles. No flat tires (my streak is still going on!). And lots of calories consumed. The photos below are from our first four days in Colorado. We've ridden about 270 miles. The soreness is starting to leave my legs. We've had some cold rain and snow, but not much. It's been mostly sunshine daydreaming for the last five days.

Today is our first full day in Wyoming. Right now, we're in the town of Rawlins, staying at the same campground Janice and I stayed at 2 years ago. We're currently on the TransAmerica Bike Route, so there's lots of other cyclists on the road with us. (There's six other cyclists staying at the campground, and more will probably be showing up later.) I've been asking the East Bound cyclists to say hi to Chris and Kyle, who are moving farther west every day. I hope they do.

We got into town early today, and we're taking the afternoon off. Our plans are: get some beer, go to the movies, then maybe some bowling. Tired legs need rest.

1 comment:

Jano said...

Sounds like a fantastic time, Jeff!