Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fall 2008


My friend Brian Snyder says that fall is his favorite season, and I know exactly what he's saying.

The natural world changes so much from the beginning of fall to the end. Things start green. Then comes the Technicolor blaze of the changing leaves. Then the leaves fall. The trees become bare. The days grow shorter. Thanksgiving comes and goes.

The transition continues until the winter solstice, the first day of winter (which will be December 21 for those of us in the northern hemisphere).

I try to enjoy whatever the seasons give me. The sun and rain. The ice and snow. The green and the grey. My friend Jake Posko always reminds me to seize the seasons, and I try to do my best.

On my daily walks (and various other travels) I've been taking lots of photographs. Fall 2008 has left a strong flavor in my mind, despite all the time that I've spent indoors. Windows help keep the mind free.

Normally when I walk our dog Marley, I usually end up waiting for him. I'll be standing there, waiting to move on, while he's busy smelling something--he's got a lot of pmail to check every morning. But if I bring my camera on a our walk, Marley ends up waiting for me. He'll sit there and wait patiently while I take photographs. He really is a good dog.

Here are some assorted photographs from Fall 2008.

Thanks for stopping by.













No comments: