Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Barcelona

We spent the day in Barcelona, walking around and looking at things. We ate some bread and took some photographs.


They like jamon (ham) in Spain. Being a vegetarian, I politely declined, but those in our group who tried it said it had a unique taste.


His name was Orlando Vasquez. He was a sit down busker on the streets of Barcelona. His voice was good and so was his guitar playing. I talked to him and bought his CD, and his music became part of our Spanish soundtrack.

Tiles on the sidewalk.

It's not everyday that you get to go into a music emporium. It was a great place. Full of old books and fine instruments. I bought a CD here, which featured the music of several Spanish composers. Definitely my favorite store in Spain.

A futbol player who was busking on La Rambla, which is a popular walkway in Barcelona where many buskers work.





Walking on La Rambla I kept singing the Zeppelin song "Ramble On."

La Rambla.

No comments: